Sunday, December 11, 2016

Introduction: Why are we here?

I have been like so many other citizens when it comes to government: Getting by on as little  knowledge as possible about how my government runs, not fully understanding positions and roles, how all of the different gears work together. After all, while we all have different ideas about how to get things done, we all have our best interests at heart, right? So things can't get too bad. There is always a self-correction, and everything balances out. Four years isn't long enough for a president to cause any permanent damage.

Then Trump happened, and things got serious.

If anything good has come out of an impending Trump presidency, it's the fact that it has lit a fire under me and so many others like me. Suddenly things are not so harmless and forgiving. We have a dangerous man coming into power who defies rules and logic and rationale. It's time to get serious.

So I started reading a lot, and I've found myself so inundated with information that it can be hard to keep it all straight. I decided that I needed a place to begin organizing all of the bits and pieces of Trump trivia that I was collecting in my brain.

That's how this blog came about. Hopefully it will help to organize the data filling my brain, and maybe someone else out there will find it helpful to have a summary of what is happening. It is mainly a collection of facts, but I can't help occasionally interjecting my own opinion.

And let me clarify that I am not a Democrat, I am not a party-person. I care about policy. I care about humanity and decency and equality. I don't hate the Republican party. I am deeply disappointed with and simply saddened by those who are gregariously supporting the ugliest parts of Donald Trump, as well as those blindly and cluelessly following him based on party support only, and seriously concerned with what this means to America. And that is what this blog is about.

So...time to deal with this CLUSTER FLICK!

No comments:

Post a Comment